European Service Network (ESN) is looking for at least 2 local freelancers in Malta to add to our network of writers. In particular, we are replying to a tender for the European Commission’s DG Communications that would require the localisation of some EU stories for the next four years.
The journalist/writer should:
- Be a native speaker of Maltese in Malta.
- Be able to speak and understand English (you will not have to write articles in English, but you should have a good working knowledge of English).
- Have at least 5 years of experience as a journalist (national/regional newspapers, radio, TV or online publication).
When required you may be asked to:
- Draft content in your native language.
- Carry out journalistic research and interviews in your country (in person or more often by telephone).
- Adapt content to social media, including specific national/regional social media platforms that may exist in your country.
We are asking potential candidates to send their CVs to ESN for review (send to the contact email below). The CV should be in English and ideally in the Europass format.
Those chosen will be submitted as part of our application for the 4-year tender with DG Communications. If we win the tender we will let you know and discuss rates with you when work becomes available. We do not know at this stage what volume of work will be assigned to us from DG Communications but we hope it will be worth your while. Send your CV or any questions to:
Sandrina Martins, firstname.lastname@example.org
Than you and kind regards,